About the program:
Bodyfit Allied Health’s Cardiac Health Exercise Program is a Darwin based phase three program, providing the next step in self-management and rehabilitation for clients continuing on from Healthy Living NT’s Healthy Heart Program. Structured as a 8 week block, the program is focused on upskilling clients to continue cardiac rehabilitation in a more advanced environment to return to a healthy and active lifestyle. In weekly group sessions, participants will be provided with education and guidance that builds upon the sessions at Healthy Living NT with exercise prescription tailored to suit individual needs. Delivered by an accredited Exercise Physiologist university trained in the delivery of exercise as a medically recognised treatment, the Cardiac Health Exercise Program provides clients with support and guidance to make necessary changes in the management of their condition.
The program provides participants with the tools required to self-manage and promote positive health behaviors to reduce the recurrence of other cardiac events
The program includes training on how to:
- Aid in the rehabilitation process after a cardiac event through exercise
- Continue exercise therapy at home without the need for equipment
- Develop long-term positive lifestyle behaviours
- Gain the education and understand of balance and being health-wise
Darwin Clinic: Level 1/39 Stokes Hill Road, Darwin NT
* registration of interest is required in preparation for the next 8 week block
How to Join:
All participants in the Cardiac Health Exercise Program must complete the introductory Healthy Heart program provided by Healthy Living NT. Once this is completed, registration is made available through Bodyfit Allied Health for the next available 8 week block. The program is broken down into three components:
- Initial Assessment: This is completed by a Bodyfit Allied Health Exercise Physiologist and ensures that the right prescription of exercise therapy is developed, tailored to the needs of the individual.
- 1 x weekly sessions are delivered in a group environment over 8 weeks.
- Exit Assessment: Before finishing the program, an exit assessment is provided through which the participant’s functionality and fitness is reassessed with steps recommended to maintain progress.
GP Referral: Bulk billing through Medicare can be provided via a GP referral for the initial and exit assessments.
Total cost for the 8 week program (excluding initial and exit assessment) is $160.00
Private health rebates and discount for concessions are also available for this program.